

I used to wear make-up everyday (that was years ago). It was just the normal for me. Then I went from full face to just putting on some gloss or chap stick and calling it a day. On a good day I'd put blush on my cheeks, and on my lids and that's it. Now I'm getting a new interest in make-up, my youngest uses make-up and sometimes she would do my face. Well, I started paying closer attention and where I'm really out of touch with it, I do love the new deep pigment colors that are out now. So I loaded up on L'Oreal HIP (pretty colors) for eyes, and lips. And whenever I find a shade I like I'll wait until it's on sale and I snatch it up. My daughter also gave me some eye and lip pencils and several colors of mascara. So I practice sometimes using combinations to see which ones I like. I'm usually more comfortable in the neutral colors, but branching out in the pinks, purples and dark golds are fun too only I feel that at my age I can't get too heavy handed. I even broke down and got a case to hold my stuff. Usually I get this stuff for my daughter, it feels odd to get stuff for myself. I don't have much right now but it's a start.
My next task is going to be try to slim down this face and take some inches off my middle, one day at a time. I put a water purifier on the tap and I'm drinking more water than before. My main drink is Ocean spray cran-apple. I can't take the caffeine in tea, and don't like the taste of it without caffeine. I'm not doing this for the new year or nothing like that, I'm just taking it slow and making subtle changes. My blood pressure and cholesterol would appreciate it too.
I went to get my eyes examined because I haven't been in about 7 years and was told everything is fine, left eye is weaker than right so I got lenses to help that because I've been using the readers that come from the drug store and after wearing them a few hours my eyes get really tired and it feels like my right eye is being pulled. So after paying 245.00 for the lenses, frames and exam my eyes feel lots better. I asked the Dr. why the outer ring of my eye is lighter than I remember it being before and he informed me that is a result of high cholesterol and even though I told him that I have it under control thru medication now will the ring go away. His answer? No, once the ring is there, it's there. Should I be vain enough to get colored contacts just to get rid of this aging look? To be continued.......
Never too late to try to improve.

hi kumina! happy new year and blessings! congratulations on your first year of locing--today is my one year anniversary also! i'm so excited--doesn't it seem kinda weird; parts of the journey have just flown by and other parts seemed to take forever! but it's all good. yes, i'm still learning too and thank god for that because when you stop learning, you're dead! bless up and peace to you and your famil! hugs and peace--janel
ReplyDeleteGirl! we must be kindred spirits! I spent two days writing a makeup blog. After I posted it, I see you posted one. OMG!!! We must be thinking the samething!
ReplyDeleteJanel! Happy anniversary to you! I didn't know how close our days were, either that or my mind has stored that info in the archives, it does that alot lately. Peace and love to you and your family as well!
ReplyDeleteGirl, its all good. We must have been feeling the same way!
ReplyDeleteI`am adicted to my computer. When I`am not working, I on the net! I started drafting my post on friday, but I did not finish until Sunday!